An HA Podcasted History of the Cold War featuring Dr Elena Hore of the University of Essex, Dr Matthew Grant of Teeside University, Dr Holger Nehring of the University of Sheffield, Dr Michael Shin of the University of Cambridge, Professor Mark White of Queen Mary University of London, Professor Charles Tripp of SOAS, Professor David Anderson of the University of Warwick, Dr Tanya Harmer of LSE, Dr Helen Parr of Keele University, Dr Alex Pravda of the University of Oxford & Dr Maria Ryan of the University of Nottingham.
The Cold War
- Ideology and the Cold War
- The significance of atomic and nuclear weapons
- The USSR and Eastern Europe
- Cold War Germany
- The Korean War
- What was the significance of the Cuban Missile Crisis?
- Britain and the Cold War
- What was the impact of the Cold War on the Middle East?
- What was the impact of the Cold War on Africa?
- What was the impact of the Cold War on Latin America?
- What impact did the Cold War have on the lives of the ordinary British and American family?
- What impact did the Cold War have on the lives of the ordinary Russian family?
- What brought about the era of 'detente' between the Superpowers in the 1970s?
- Why did the Cold War come to an end in the 1980s?
- What did the end of the Cold War mean for American Power?
- About our Authors