In this podcast Dr Anne Murphy of the University of Hertfordshire looks at the early origins of the European financial markets from the Italian Renaissance to the present day. Dr Murphy also provides a useful introduction to finance, the stock market and the bond market.
1. What does finance do?
2. The financial market today and their origins.
3. The Stock Market.
4. The establishment of the English and Dutch East India Companies.
5. The Bond Market.
6. Secondary Markets.
7. Who did these states borrow from?
8. The advantages of stable debt.
9. Political & Social Aspects.