The Rise of National Socialism
In this podcast Professor Benjamin Ziemann of the University of Sheffield talks about how the Nazi Party was formed.
1. Introduction - how was the Nazi party formed.
2. The emergence of the National Socialist Workers Party.
3. The Nazi Party a minor party amongst many radical right wing nationalist parties.
4. Crucial support from army officers desire to suppress the revolutionary left.
5. Captain Ernst Roehm and the rising popularity of Hitler's speeches.
6. Why did the Nazi party stand out?