The Struggle for Freedom
In this podcast Ms Jean Spence looks at the origins, the development and the gains achieved by second wave feminism.
1. Introduction - second wave feminism - the personal and the political.
2. Origins and Context.
3. Educational opportunities but inequality in the workplace.
5. Key events.
6. Questioning Women's Roles and the Struggle for Freedom.
7. Reclaiming Women's Voices. Consciousness Raising. Sisterhood.
8. Fault lines emerge within the feminist movement over the single sex issue.
9. The ascent of individualism over collective action. Fragmentation within the Women's Liberation Movement.
10. The 1980s and an attack on the meaning of Feminism. Legal and Cultural accomplishments of the Women's Liberation Movement.