In this podcast Marika Sherwood look at the history of African and Caribbean Political Activists in the late 18th, 19th and 20th centuries.
1. The Gordon Riots.
2. Abolition of the Slave Trade
4. William Cuffay and the Chartists.
5. Henry Sylvester Williams and the formation of the African Association. The Pan-African Conference in London.
6. Black organisations created across UK cities struggling for civil rights.
7. Post war Pan-African Conference Manchester and the move for independence in the colonies and equality within the UK.