In this podcast Professor Emerita Eleanor Nesbitt of the University of Warwick discusses the history of Britain's Hindu communities.
1. What are the origins of the Hindu communities in Britain?
2. How did the community change and develop during the 20th Century?
3. What role has the British Hindu community played in the social and political development of modern Britain?
4. How has the perception of the British Hindu community's place as part of British society changed over the last 100 years?
5. How does the present British Hindu community see itself in modern Britain?
6. Is there a difference between the British Hindu community's relationship with their religion and the Indian Hindu community's relationship with their religion?
7. Has secularism had an impact on young British Hindus?