In this HA Podcast Series Professor Joanna Story of the University of Leicester looks at the history of the Anglo-Saxons.
1. Who were the Anglo-Saxons?
2. What prompted Anglo-Saxon migration to Britain?
3. Unifying the Kingdom
4. Transformation and the English Language
5. Is there a radical change in agriculture?
6. How does Anglo-Saxon England become Christian?
7. Relations with the Romano-British
8. Assimilation of Pagan elements.
9. What was the impact of the Viking invasion?
10. How did the Vikings go from raiders to settlers?
11. Alfred the Great.
12. The Venerable Bede.
13. Women in Anglo-Saxon England.
14. Myths and Legend.
15. The genesis of Scotland.