In this podcast, Dr Tommy Dickinson of the University of Manchester, looks at the historical medicalization of homosexuality and transvestism.
2. The impact of British Press in framing British perceptions.
3. European research into sexual pathology.
4. The emergence of 'sexology' in Britain.
5. The influence of Freud.
6. The impact of WW2 and the Cold War.
7. The Wolfenden Committee.
8. Chemical castration and aversion therapy.
9. A shift in public attitudes.
10. 1990 - WHO removes homosexuality from its list of mental