The Thirteen Colonies
In this podcast Professor Stephen Conway of University College London discusses the relations between the American colonies and Britain before, during and after the American War of Independence.
2. Connections and similarities between Britain and the Thirteen Colonies.
3. Elements and agents of integration in the British Atlantic world: evangalism and trade.
4. The Seven Years War: massive expansion of the British Empire in America and around the world.
5. Peace time standing armies in America, taxation without representation and the sources of the American War of Independence.
6. The American War of Independence or the American Revolutionary War.
7. The formation of the United States of America and the aftermath in Britain: how relations between the two nations developed.