Bletchley Park was the most important of the top secret intelligence sites during the Second World War. The quiet Buckinghamshire village hosted 10,000 people dedicated to defeating the Nazis, 75% of those were women.
In this podcast we are lucky enough to have some of those women talking about their experiences.
The Women of Bletchley Park
- Veteran Biographies
- What is it like to meet these women all these years later?
- Max Newman
- How much did you know about yours and each others work?
- How were you recruited?
- Secrecy about your work: how did you feel when it came out in 1974?
- Was there a chance for fun and romance?
- Working on the allied plot and the run up to D Day
- Thoughts on the Film: The Imitation Game
- An Interview with Betty Webb and Mary Every