Francis Bacon to Isaac Newton
In this podcast Keith Moore, Head of Libraries and Archives at the Royal Society looks at the early Royal Society.
1. Who founded the Royal Society in 1660
2. What were the Royal Society's influences? Francis Bacon.
3. Why was the society set up? A new way of looking at the universe.
4. Experimental science. Hooke, Boyle and Newton.
5. Isaac Newton: Gravity and the Laws of Motion.
6. Towards a mathematical understanding of the universe.
7. Religion & Science.
8. How international was the early Society? China & the New World.
9. Contact with Europe.
10. Prestige Science and Practical Science.
11. The legacy of the early Royal Society.