2nd and 3rd Generation British Africans
In this podcast Onyeka looks at African and Caribbean British History during the Stuart period.
1. Introduction - second and third generation British African community.
2. A difference between International Law and domestic Stuart Law concerning British Africans.
3. The rise of a slave trading nation under the Stuarts.
4. How did the Black British population integrate into Stuart society?
5. African royalty and dignitaries in Stuart England.
6. Representations of Africans in Stuart literature.
7. James Chappell and Mungo. The ability for British Africans to rise to positions of authority and become close to the families of their employers.