War and Peace
In this podcast Dr Stuart Aveyard looks at how 'the Troubles' developed over the 1970s, 80s and 90s and discusses the key factors that led to the Good Friday Agreement of 1998.
1. Introduction. The Sunningdale Agreement.
2. A transformation of the conflict.
3. Re-organisation of the IRA. Sinn Fein as a political party. Conflict at the Maze & Hunger Strikes
4. The Anglo-Irish Agreement. The Unionist response.
5. Talks held by Peter Brooke. The Downing Street Declaration.
6. The IRA ceasefire.
7. The Good Friday Agreement.