Africans in Tudor England
In this podcast Onyeka discusses African and Caribbean British History during the Tudor period.
2. Iberian Africans at the Tudor Court: John Blanke and Catalina de Cardones.
3. Jacques Francis and the Mary Rose.
4. Mary Phyllis: an integrated member of the local community. Lack of segregation in 15th and 16th century.
5. The African presence in Tudor England.
6. Why did these documents fail?
7. The status of slavery within Tudor England and abroad. The case of Maria Mariana.
8. The rights of the servant.
9. Where were Africans present in Tudor England - what was there life like? The Stranger Riots. Integration.
10. Discrimation against Egyptians. Shakespearean references to the African presence in Tudor England.