Birth of a New Politics
In this podcast Professor Keith Laybourn of the University of Huddersfield examines the key social, political and economic problems of the 1920s and 30s.
1. Unemployment, Industry and the expansion of the South East.
2. A period of transition: the rise of the car and its impact.
3. The General Strike of 1926: The emergence of major industrial disputes.
4. The Spanish Civil War: The Threat of Fascism & France surrounded.
5. The decline of Liberalism and the emergence of the Labour Party.
6. The emergence of new political groups.