Social, Economic and Psychological Impact
In this podcast Dr Dan Todman of Queen Mary, University of London takes a chronological look at Britain's involvement in World War 2 and examines the domestic impact it had.
2. A war of four overlapping phases.
3. Phase 2 - the aerial urban war.
4. Military crisis - domestic mobilisation. The War Economy.
5. Phase 3 - Soviet, Imperial and Expert War. The War goes Global. The Beveridge Report.
6. Phase 4: Total War - Allied hopes and objectives in 1943.
7. Conclusions and moral questions.