A Transformation of the Political Landscape
In this podcast Professor Eric Evans looks at the rise, fall and legacy of Margaret Thatcher's premiership.
1. Introduction: How did Margaret Thatcher become Prime Minister?
2. How did she transform Britain? The end of an economic consensus.
3. The suffering of the industrial North, Scotland and Wales. The rise of the services industry in the South.
4. Thatcher's belief in creating more wealth creators through low taxation and less state involvement in the economy.
5. The dangers of the gospel of acquisition, supply side economics and under-regulation.
6. The Legacy of Margaret Thatcher