Making the personal political
In this podcast Ms Jean Spence discusses how she discovered feminism and how being part of the feminist movement changed both hers and many other womens lives.
1. The culture that girls and young women grew up in during the 50s and 60s.
2. Re-evaluating society and accepted 'norms'. Critical thinking and a wave of research.
3. The Importance of Women's Groups.
4. Developing a model and a set of principles. Youth work group across the UK.
5. Developing women's workers groups, consciousness raising group across the country.
6. Education, employment and development into whole human beings.
7. The personal significance of feminism: tackling major life issues. Unlocking creativity.