Rhyd-y-Car cottages at St Fagans Museum of Welsh Life


By Susanna Wood, published 30th September 2000

The miner’s cottage is part of a project at The Museum of Welsh Life, St Fagans, to preserve folk history. Since its founding in 1948, over 40 buildings, including a row of six original miners’ cottages from Rhyd-y-Car, have been dismantled and transported from sites throughout Wales to be reconstructed on the museum grounds.

This resource is FREE for Primary HA Members.

Non HA Members can get instant access for £2.75

Add to Basket Join the HA