Function, Impact and Personality
In this podcast Dr Christina von Hodenberg of Queen Mary, University of London looks at Hitler's role and explores both Hitler's intentions and motives and the structures and local elites around him.
2. 'An ill educated beer hall demagogue' How did Hitler grab power and hold onto it?
3. Points of agreement amongst scholars about Hitler.
4. Hitler's public image: a quasi religious saviour. A dictatorship by consent.
5. To what extent did Hitler dominate the Nazi regime?
6. Moving beyond the intentionalist/functionalist debate.