The Rise of the Secular
In this podcast Dr Janice Holmes of the Open University examines how the UK's relationship with religion has changed in the 20th Century and the significance of this change.
1. The decline of religion in 20th century Britain?
3. The Church out of step with public opinion?
4. How have historians attempted to explain this collapse in religious affiliation?
5. Christianity and Britain.
6. Working class religiosity. From the orthodox religious to more general moral values.
7. What constitutes religious belief? A challenge to the secularisation theory.