A Growing Struggle for Power
In this podcast Mr Simon Healy from the History of Parliament Research Project looks at the Early Stuart Parliaments.
2. The membership of the House of Commons.
3. The membership of the House of Lords.
4. The main business of Parliament.
5. Procedural innovations.
6. Managing Parliament.
7. The emergence of a 'loyal opposition'.
8. Opposition to James I pro-Spanish policy.
9. Early Stuart Government Agenda
10. James I Government Agenda
11. Things the Crown wants to keep off the Agenda: religion, war, succession.
12. The Historiography of the Early Stuart Parliaments. Democracy?