Gwenwynwyn ab Owain Cyfeiliog (died c. 1216) was the last major ruler of mid Wales before the completion of the Norman English invasion. Gruffydd ap Gwenwynwyn (died c. 1286), son of Gwenwynwyn ab Owain Cyfeiliog was a Welsh prince who was lord of the part of Powys known as Powys Wenwynwyn.In this podcast Dr Melissa Julian-Jones of Cardiff University looks at the lives and politics of the Princes of Southern Powys: Gwenwynwen ab Owain Cyfeiliog and his son Gruffudd ap Gwenwynen.
2. Gwenwynwen ab Owain Cyfeiliog.
3. Marriage and Realpolitiks.
4. Gwenwynwen's Legacy.
5. The politics of Southern Powys.
6. King John, Llywelyn & Magna Carta.
7. Gruffud, Llywelyn & Henry III.
8. Gruffud, Edward I and the conquest of Wales.