The Roaring 20s
In this podcast Professor Peter Fearon of the University of Leicester looks at the economic transformation of the United States in the years before the Wall Street Crash and the Great Depression.
2. The impact of the automobile industry.
3. The ‘New Era’.
4. Immigration controls.
5. Hoover and the Free Market.
6. Rural to Urban migration.
7. The contraction of small towns.
8. Economic opportunity and a changing labour force.
9. The instability of unit banking.
10. Economic boom and a speculative bubble.