What does it mean to be an outstanding provider of primary history? What does this look like? The best way to answer these questions is to see for yourself.
N.B. This unit was produced a number of years ago and shows some examples of what Ofsted considered outstanding history teaching.
We have been working with Bare Trees Primary School in Oldham. The overall effectiveness of history at Bare Trees was judged by Ofsted to be outstanding. Visit this section to view samples of lesson plans and schemes of work. If you need inspiration or a guide of what outstanding primary history looks like then why not check them out?
Bare Trees Primary School - Schemes of Work
- Greece, Egypt and Mexico Plans
- World War II - Year 4 Scheme of Work
- Mexico - Year 5 Scheme of Work
- Observed Lesson - Year 5
- The Victorians - Year 6 Scheme of Work
- Ofsted Report on Bare Trees
- Reception Lesson - Topic of Celebrations: Birthdays
Year 2 Lesson
- Year 2 Lesson - Florence Nightingale
History Coordinator Interview
- An Interview with the Bare Trees Primary History Co-ordinator