- Primary Homepage
- Articles & Journals
- CPD, Guides & Support
- Lessons and Exemplars
- HA Competitions
- Event Resources
- World War 1
- Support the HA
Make a donation
Samuel Pepys and the Great Fire of London (KS1) more lessons
These four extra Great Fire of London teaching accounts were written by teachers who attended Nuffield Primary History in-service courses. The teachers have adapted a range of Nuffield Primary History approaches to the needs of their classes.
All four show Nuffield teaching principles in action, particularly challenge, questioning, authenticity, accessibility and communication.
The accounts also demonstrate how teachers can successfully integrate history with other subjects, primarily with literacy, but also with ICT, art, design and drama. See also the cross-curricular learning link on the right.
- Great Fire: approach 2 teachers notes
- Great Fire: approach 2 resources
- Great Fire: approach 2 pupils work
- Great Fire: approach 3 teachers notes
- Great Fire: approach 4 teachers notes
- Great Fire: approach 4 resource 1 story
- Great Fire: approach 4 resource 2 word web
- Great Fire: approach 4 pupils work
- Great Fire: approach 5 teachers notes
Also on this website: