Wednesday 28 June - Manchester, Town Hall
Monday 3 July - London, British Library
Time: 10.00am - 4.30pm
Course Leader: Chris Trevor
Price: HA members £150 plus VAT, non-members £200 plus VAT
Did you know it's cheaper to become an individual member of the HA and purchase your tickets at membership rate? You can find details of Primary membership here.
Have you just been appointed as subject coordinator or subject leader for history in your school? Have you been in the role for some time, but never had any proper training? Join us for this course in which course leader Chris Trevor will take you on a journey through the most important elements of primary history subject leadership.
Who this course is for?
This course is for anyone who has been a subject coordinator or subject leader for history in their school. You may be new to the role or established but would like to have some formal training to carry out the role more effectively.
The course covers key elements of primary history subject leadership, such as:
- making the case for history with senior leaders
- enthusing others and leading staff meetings about history
- exploring practical approaches to developing an innovative, inclusive and effective history curriculum in your school
- suggestions on steps towards efficient action planning and how to make a wider impact
- opportunities to discuss current issues in primary history education
- a chance to share resources and assessment approaches, plus much more
If you wish to train a group of history subject coordinators we can offer this course on a bespoke basis for teaching school alliances, academy chains and clusters of schools, using the school as a venue for the training. Contact Mel Jones for further details at firstname.lastname@example.org.